Typically, Android individuals would not notice that their phones are safeguarded by Factory Reset Protection( FRP) till the phone needs the first Google account and password to reset. Now follow this tutorial to get a better understanding of FRP: including how it functions, how to disable the attribute or make it possible for, moreover, ways to bypass FRP if you forget the Google account and also password.
Part 1: How Does Factory Reset Protection Work?
Factory Reset Protection (FRP) is a feature included to Android device because Android Lollipop. As soon as you allow FRP on your phone, when you or others try to establish up the phone after doing factory resetting in healing mode, the phone will certainly require the Google username and also password to get in.
Tip: Resetting your Android phone to factory setups will erase all information in your phone, so you may want to back up essential files to computer system before resetting. Android Data Recovery can help you with that said.
FRP is developed to make sure that no one could easily clean out the data and also factory reset your phone if the phone is lost or stolen. When we entirely fail to remember the FRP and send the phone to the next customer( a good friend or a ramdom guy that purchases the phone), we could finish up having to share our Google account momentarily with others.
Part 2: How to Enable and also Disable Factory Reset Protection
When you have added a Google account to your phone, frp is instantly made it possible for. To add a Google account:
Most likely to “Settings” > “Accounts” > “Add and account” > “Google”. Go into the username as well as password of your account to include the account.
To disable FRP, you just need to eliminate the account from your phone.
On your Android phone, go to “Settings” > “Accounts” > “Google”, pick the google account that you have actually added and discover “Remove account” by clicking the icon on the leading right edge.
In conclusion, prior to you send your phone to the following customer, you ought to initially eliminate Google account from your phone to disable FRP, then you wipe out all data in your phone. This way, the next customer can set up the phone without visiting FRP.
Tip: to stay clear of the trouble of FRP, you should not factory reset your phone in 24 hours after you have actually just recently altered the Google password linked to your phone. Due to safety factor, Android wouldn’t allow you to set up your phone with a Google password that is newly reset within 24 hrs.
Part 3: How to Bypass Factory Reset Protection?
If you have the Google account as well as password, FRP will not be a trouble. Is there a way to bypass the FRP? Here is a simple trick that might work for you.
- Long press the @ on the keyboard till a window stands out up when you see the FRP web page that requires you to enter the Google account formerly synced to the phone.
- Tap “Google Keyboard Settings” on the pop-up window.
- You will see a web search symbol on the upper. Click the symbol as well as on the search field showing up, type “Settings”.
- You’ll after that enter the “Settings” app of the phone. Go to “Developer Options” (if the choice is not in the listing, tap on “Build Number” 7 times to take out “Developer Options”) as well as permit “OEM Unlocking”.
- Lengthy press the “Power” button to reboot the phone. When setting up the phone, inteads of the FRP web page, you’ll see “Add your account” web page. Include a Google account and also you could get in the device now.
You might turn to tools like if the method does not function for you. Leave a comment listed below if you have a lot more concern.
— Mobile World (@MobileWorldBD) June 6, 2017